COVID-19 and how it affects our organization
We are following all State of Colorado and Jefferson, Douglas, and Arapahoe County public health orders related to COVID-19. In addition, JFVA is abiding by all rules and regulations mandated by our community recreational leagues and organizations.
With the increase in the attention to COVID-19, we want to share with you that JFVA is continuously monitoring the situation. From the beginning, our focus has been and remains on the health and safety of our veterans, team members, volunteers and the communities we operate in. We are constantly evaluating the COVID-19 impact and monitoring available information from the Colorado Public Health Department, as well as our community recreational leagues and organizations. As their recommendations change, we will update our plan as needed.
We encourage our veteran members and team members to be attentive to their surroundings and speak up if they feel unsafe or concerned about their personal health. We all share the common goal of keeping everyone healthy and safe.
Please be reminded of what the CDC has shared on their website:
Practice good hygiene:
• Stop handshaking – use other non-contact methods of greeting.
• Clean hands at the door and schedule regular hand washing reminders by email.
• Create habits and reminders to avoid touching their faces and cover coughs and sneezes.
• Disinfect equipment.
• Increase ventilation by opening windows.
Be careful with events, games, and general travel:
• Keep a safe distance from others while in close quarters.
• Where your mask in transit to and from your games and events
• Stay away from others that are not wearing a mask and are not practicing good hygiene.
• Handle food carefully and limit food sharing.
Thank you for taking extra care to keep us all safe!