COVID-19 and how it affects our organization
Updated: August 27, 2021
We are following all State of Colorado and Jefferson, Douglas, and Arapahoe County public health orders related to COVID-19. In addition, JFVA is abiding by all rules and regulations mandated by our community recreational leagues and organizations.
With the increase in the attention to COVID-19, we want to share with you that JFVA is continuously monitoring the situation. From the beginning, our focus has been and remains on the health and safety of our veterans, team members, volunteers and the communities we operate in. We are constantly evaluating the COVID-19 impact and monitoring available information from the Colorado Public Health Department, as well as our community recreational leagues and organizations. As their recommendations change, we will update our plan as needed.
We encourage our veteran members and team members to be attentive to their surroundings and speak up if they feel unsafe or concerned about their personal health. We all share the common goal of keeping everyone healthy and safe.
Practice healthy habits and good hygiene:
• Keep the immune system strong: Exercise; eat healthy; get plenty of sleep; maintain a healthy weight; and hydrate often.
• Limit handshaking – The use of other non-contact methods of greeting is suggested.
• Clean hands often with soap and water or sanitizer when soap and water is unavailable.
• Create habits and reminders to avoid touching the face and cover coughs and sneezes with an arm.
• Disinfect surfaces that are used often.
• Increase ventilation by opening windows.
Be careful with events, games, and general travel:
• Keep a safe distance from others while in close quarters.
• Stay away from others that may be sick and/or may not be practicing good hygiene.
• Handle food carefully and limit food sharing.
• Where a mask when around large crowds (Optional)
Thank you for taking extra care to keep us all safe!